Pet Insurance is around to help cover unexpected injuries and illnesses that can happen to your pet.
Contrary to common myth, care do not actually have nine lives. Pets require frequent vet check-ups, shots, updated tests, and they might even suffer from chronic illness or a devastating accident. Unfortunately taking your beloved pet to the vet can be very expensive. Most families are not ready for hundreds or thousands of dollars in vert emergency bills. With Pet Insurance, a premium can be as low as $30 a month and there can be reimbursement for up to 80% , if not all of the vet bill.
According to the American Pet Products Associations Pet Owners Survey, only 4% of dog owners and 1% of cat owners carry insurance for their pet.
Reasons for Pet Insurance:
• Peace of mind. Having Pet Insurance allows you to not have to choose between your wallet and your pet. Deciding whether or not to have surgery on your pet can be one of the hardest things you will have to do as a pet owner. With coverage for your pet, you take the financial aspect out of the equations. This way you can base your medical decisions on what is best for your pet.
• Provides and easy way to budget pet care costs. Policies can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. You decide which payment plan works best for you. Most plans offer discounts for additional pet in the household.
• There is no list of veterinarians you have to choose from. Any vet you are comfortable with is fine by most Pet Insurance providers.
• You can pick a plan that fits your needs. Coverage for your pet can be tailored to fit your budget and needs. However, if you sign up when your pet is young, you will have more options to choose from. These options range from major accident only to vaccination and general checkups.
• No discrimination. Pet Insurance does not discriminate against any breed or age of pet. It is smart to obtain insurance for your pet as soon as adopt to get a lower premium. However, you can also insure your pet years later.
• Help make decisions. Coverage on your pet could save, and extend the life of your pet by enabling you to authorize the medical treatment your pet need shout they develop cancer or require surgery.