OPEN ENROLLMENT: NOVEMBER 1 – DECEMBER 15
Apply by December 15th for your 2020 health coverage to be effective by January 1, 2020.
It is that time of the year again, Open Enrollment for Individual Health Insurance. During this time of year you can renew, update and compare your current health insurance plan.
Whether applying for the first time of renewing your coverage, it is a good idea to gather essential information for your application.
Information to have available for your application:
- Social security numbers, date of birth for you and whoever will be on your plan.
- Your estimated gross household income for 2020.
- An understanding of plan for your medical needs for the year, including a list of current medications.
- The names of any doctors you would like to have in your network.
Timeline for Open Enrollment:
- Nov. 1, 2019: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2019 insurance plan. Coverage can start as soon as Jan. 1, 2020.
- Dec. 15, 2019: The last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start Jan. 1, 2020. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Jan. 1, 2020: Coverage for the year starts for those who enroll or change plans by Dec. 15, 2019.
Schedule an appointment with one of our Health Insurance specialists online HERE.
You can also call our office to make an appointment at 815.464.8800.